Knowledgeable About U.S. Citizenship Laws


Obtaining U.S. citizenship is too important a life event to not have seasoned professional representation on your side. Citizenship offers many benefits including the ability to vote and to travel abroad without time restrictions. Only U.S. citizens may petition for a green card for their parents, siblings and married children. In addition, U.S. citizens receive priority when petitioning to bring their family members to live permanently in the United States.

Having an experienced attorney can help you avoid mistakes during the process which can result in delays or even denial of your citizenship application.

I am Jason Karavias, Esq., a Pittsburgh family immigration attorney, and I have over a decade of experience helping individuals achieve their U.S. citizenship goals. When retaining me as your lawyer, I will provide individualized representation. I will help you understand the process, and I will be there for you throughout all stages of the process.

Considerations Made Regarding Eligibility For Citizenship

If you have had a green card for five years and are at least 18 years old, you may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. You may be able to apply within three years if you received your green card based upon a continuing marriage to a U.S. citizen.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will review your personal circumstances to determine whether you are eligible for U.S. citizenship. Among the many requirements in determining eligibility include age, residence and physical presence in the U.S., and good moral character. Your marital status and family situation is obviously important. It is vital to remember that particular issues regarding time spent out of the country, failure to file and pay taxes due or any prior arrests may prevent eligibility.

Due to my understanding of the immigration system, I can provide a realistic assessment concerning your chances for citizenship eligibility. When pursuing eligibility, I will prepare you for any in-person interview you have with immigration officers. I will pay close attention to details to ensure your path to becoming a naturalized United States citizen is as efficient as possible.

Contact My Law Firm For A Free Consultation

To set up an initial consultation, contact Jason Karavias, Esq., Attorney at Law, by calling 412-223-7924. You can also contact me online. I represent individuals in Western Pennsylvania and West Virginia. I also have an office in New York City.