Attorney Handling Fiancé(e) Visa Matters


The importance of the fiancé(e) visa process to a U.S. citizen cannot be overstated. The U.S. citizen is focused on bringing his or her fiancé to the U.S. as quickly as possible to start their married lives together. As the process for applying for a fiancé(e) visa can be detailed, it is vital to have on your side an experienced immigration lawyer who understands the issues involved.

I am Jason Karavias, Esq., a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania lawyer, and I have been providing immigration representation for over a decade. I will work with you and guide you through the entire fiancé(e) visa process.

How The Fiancé(e) Visa Process Works

A U.S. citizen who wishes to bring his or her fiancé(e) from another country to the United States to marry must file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The quality of the petition presented is extremely important and can help make the process smoother and more likely to be approved.

After the petition is approved, your fiancé(e) will then obtain a visa issued at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. The marriage must take place within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States. If the marriage does not take place within 90 days, your fiancé(e) will be required to leave the United States. A fiancé(e) may not obtain an extension of the 90-day original admission. After the marriage takes place, in order for your fiancé(e) to live and work permanently in the United States, your fiancé(e) should apply to adjust their status to become a permanent resident.

I will provide you with personalized representation through the entire process. I will also answer your questions and help you to understand what needs to be accomplished in order for the fiancé(e) visa to be granted.

Meet With An Experienced Immigration Attorney Today

For a free no-obligation consultation, please contact Jason Karavias, Esq., Attorney at Law, by calling 412-223-7924.