Here To Help Your Family Resolve All Immigration Matters


Bringing a family member to the United States is an important, life-changing event. I am Jason Karavias, Esq., an experienced Pittsburgh immigration lawyer, who is dedicated to providing efficient and personalized service to my clients. I know how significant this step is for you and your family. I am an attorney who will be by your side throughout the immigration and green card process, answering your questions and providing you with trusted legal guidance.

To arrange a free, no-obligation consultation directly with me, Jason Karavias, Esq., call 412-223-7924.

Obtaining A Green Card

Whether your family member is currently abroad or already in the U.S. on a temporary visa, I will diligently work to help him or her obtain legal status to live and work permanently in the United States. A green card can be obtained through a family member in the following ways:

  1. Marriage to a U.S. citizen: If a foreign national is married to a U.S. citizen, he or she may obtain a green card through his or her spouse. If you have been married for two years or less, the green card will be granted on a conditional basis. The conditions will be removed through a joint petition 90 days prior to the expiration of the two-year period. This is referred to as "removal of condition."
  2. Family-based petitions: Parents, children, spouses, citizens and green card holders can petition to bring their foreign national family members to the U.S. through green cards.

In addition to assisting clients with obtaining legal permanent residence for their family members, I offer the following immigration services:

  • U.S. citizenship: If you are a U.S. green card holder, you can apply to become a citizen of the United States if you meet several requirements, including residency and knowledge of the English language and various additional items. Contact me to learn more.
  • Fiancé(e) visas: If you are a U.S. citizen engaged to be married to a foreign national, you can petition for a fiancé(e) visa, which will allow your fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. for 90 days during which time you must be married. After the marriage, the foreign national will then apply for a green card through his or her new spouse.
  • Extension of stay visas: Visitors to the U.S. with current visas who wish to stay beyond the time period allowed by their visas may petition for extensions.

Contact Me For A Free Consultation

To discuss your immigration law or green card legal needs with me in a free, no-obligation consultation, call my immigration law office at 412-223-7924 or contact me online.